Sun, Dec 11, 2005
iCab 3.0 Beta 379
Today is the 3rd Sunday of Advent, and when I opened the 11th door of my advent calendar, I found... a new iCab beta version! Again, Alexander included lots of new features and bug fixes:
- iCab now supports type="text/ecmascript" in the SCRIPT tag, too.
- If the kiosk mode was enabled in offline mode and the user tried to open a page which is only accessible in online mode and going online is allowed in Kiosk mode, iCab did ask to go online, but did never actually go into online mode.
- Opening a link which points to the page which is currently displayed, will now load the page again.
- iCab now ignores all (nonsense) data that is appended to the HTTP status code. Before iCab reported a network error if too much nonsense data was appended to the HTTP status code.
- The better scaling of tranparent GIF images will now be done only in graphic resolutions with 24/32Bit colordepth. Otherwise some dithering artefacts were visible.
- A link to the root document of frame pages will now restore the framesets to their original state.
- Marking the anchor links was not always done at the correct location.
- Marking the anchors of links can now be switched off in the preferences (Web-Content > Display). The marking is now a transparent bar which fades out instead of a blinking arrow.
- If iCab is now configured as default RSS reader of the system, RSS feeds can be now also opened in iCab by clicking the RS icon without any modifier keys.
Time for a new public beta version soon?
(Actually, as you might have guessed, this was rather coincidence. In my advent calendar I found a sweet marzipan heart :-)