Wed, Dec 20, 2006
iCab 3.0.3 Beta 436
While I was blogging today's earlier entry, Alexander released another iCab beta version. It contains some bug fixes, and the session icons which were missing for some releases are back.
iCab 3.0.3 Beta 435 - Crash Safe
And as always, here's Alexander's list of other improvements:
- Small modification of calculating the name of a certificate in the Certificates manager implemented. This should help to identify certificates whose name field did only contain an URL instead of a meaningful name.
- The keyboard shortcut for "Save Session" was missing in the last release.
- The Download Manager has sent the "if-modified-since" HTTP header when the user tried to resume a doanlod but the server does not support "resume" for downloads. With this header the server might have responded with the code 304 (not modified) and the download didn't start at all. this is corrected now.
- There's a small modification of a workaround which handles invalid usage of TABEL tags.
- In the "Classic" version of iCab resuming downloads didn't work correct.
Mon, Dec 04, 2006
ppk on iCab
Sun, Dec 03, 2006
iCab 3.0.3 Beta 433 - Certified
The latest iCab beta version (released today, on the first Sunday of Advent, to registered users) now has a certificate manager (in the "Tools" menu) and offers information about the certificates of a certain site if you click on the "key" icon in the status bar. Some other enhancements, according to the release history:
- In the "files of web page" window iCab will now also show the charset information for local files if provided in the file name extension.
- The Session menu items are now provided in a submenu of the "file" menu