Tue, May 08, 2007
iCab 3.0.3 Beta 449
Yesterday was bugfixing time again. Here is Alexander's list of fixes in the latest iCab beta:
- If web servers use a value of "text/plain" in the "Content-Type" header then iCab now uses much more detailed checks if the data is really in text format. Unfortunately many web servers are not configured correctly and use "text/plain" for a large number od non-text file formats. Previously iCab was able to recognize binary file formats even when declared as text files. Now iCab will also try to "recognize" HTML code when declared as text but when it should not be declared this way. This is not easy because HTML is also a text file.
- Fixed a new bug which could cause a crash when text was formatted as "SmallCaps".
- The color of the "ALT" text in images will be now correctly set according to the text color of the content of the image.
- Bugfix for "first-line" (CSS) when the first line contains some images.
- SVG images will be no longer recognized as XML files.