Tue, Feb 27, 2007
iCab 3.0.3 Beta 441..443 - Tab Previews
During the last few weeks registered iCab users found three new iCab beta versions using iCab's update checker. The Mac OS X versions now have the ability to display the contents of an inactive tab as a kind of tooltip when the mouse cursor hovers over the tab's title (this can be switched off in the preferences under General > Tabs).
And as usual, there are lots of bug fixes and small improvements. Here's the complete list, taken from Alexander's release history:
- Important bugfix which fixes a crash when closing a web page (either by closing a tab or window or by opening a new web page). A certain structure which is created to hold the default value for the default color of the CSS shorthand property "border-bottom" when the color was not given in the CSS code was not initialized properly.
- empty stylesheet files (file size of 0 Bytes) did crash iCab
- Small correction for CSS selectors ">", "+" and "~" whose first element is missing.
- Small modification for accepting cookies: Even when cookies are generally switched off, cookies which are only valid for the current session can be accepted automatically if this was explicitly configured in the cookie preferences.
- When deleting a button from a certain location in the navigation toolbar, iCab could crash.
- In the Universal Binary version, iCab will add the real DPI value for the screen resolution which is measured by the MacOS into the user defined edit field in the CSS preferences, when resetting to the "Factory settings". This way it is no longer necessary to measure the exact screen resolution (dpi) with a ruler (if the display itself supports this auto detection of the dpi value) in case you don't want to use the predefined default values (which is still the best option in general).
- When importing certificates in ".cer" format, line breaks in DOS format did confuse iCab.
- Importing of certificates didn't work under "native" MacOS 8/9 (it did work fine when running iCab in the "Classic" environment).
- Workaround for a bug in the MacOS added, where icab gets a wrong result when measuring the widths of text lines.
- Workaround added for the XML/HTTP shortcut "/>", which is often used even in HTML where this is wrong. In general this is not a problem, but for a few special HTML tags this can nevertheless cause some problems.
- UTF-16 encoded web pages with Intel-byteorder were not shown correctly on PowerPC Macs.
- Fixed a problem with absolutly positioned tables which were moved to the right using the "right" property of CSS.
- Quirks modus slightly modified for handling uppercase/lowercase letters in ID attributes in "HTML 4 traditional".
- Links which started with "../" were never recognized as "visited".
- Now, also in the PowerPC version for MacOSX the saved forms ("View" > "Save forms"/ "fill out forms") will be saved in the keychain of the MacOS if the keychain is activated in iCab. Until now this was only done in the Universal Binary version.
- very large images with percentage widths inside tables could make the table much larger then expected.