Fri, Nov 11, 2005
iCab 3.0 Beta 368 at your Services
Two days ago iCab 3.0 Beta 368 was released to registered users. The two prominent new features are support of the System's "Services" menu and support of alternative stylesheets (you can switch between them in the "StyleSheets" submenu of the "View" menu).
Alexander mentions the following changes since beta 364:
- Bugfix for "display: table-cell"; in some rare circumstances iCab did not create the missing table for such a table cell, if there's none defined by the StyleSheet.
- Fixes a small ssue when activating alternative StyleSheets.
- Small workaround for a bug of "classic" MacOS which mixes up the ATSUI colors and the Quickdraw colors when printing.
- Workaround implemented for the Windows Media Player Plugin, which could not be recognized as "bundle" or "plugin" file.
- The "Services" menu is now supported.
- When typing in some text the mouse cursor is hidden now.
- TIFF images with alpha channel but where certain information tags were missing could crash iCab before.
- Bugfix for "hover" effects with "small-caps" text.
- When clicking links with a "fragement identifier" (#xyz), which link to another location within the same site, iCab did not add the new fragment identifier to the URL of the location toolbar.
- If iCab was configured to confirm each "quit" command and the user tried to quit directly from within the kiosk mode, but canceled the quit command from there, iCab did not leave the kiosk mode correctly and most parts of the menu bar was disabled afterwards.
- iCab now supports alternative StyleSheets which are defined on web sites. You can select an alternative StyleSheet in the submenu "StyleSheet" of the "View" menu (where you can also select one of your own user defined stylesheet, if you've added some in the "StyleSheet" preferences). Most web sites don't provide any alternative StyleSheets, but some do.
- Bugfix for the BUTTON element. Sometimes a click on the button element was delivered to its content so the element could not process the click itself.
- iCab could not display the source code of RSS feeds in its own source code window.
- iCab now also supports "Content-Encoding: gzip". This is important for servers which send compressed data even if the browser doesn't allow this.